*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My beautiful Mom passed on this past December

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Butterfly21, Apr 29, 2020.

1. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Butterfly,
    I am so sorry you had to surrender your cats on top of losing your Mom. So many losses, so much grief, so many changes.
    Ron and I ran our business together, I had to close it, so that was an extra loss for me. The loss of my husband and loss of our business in one night. I understand the multi losses, and how it feels like things keep piling on, one on top of the other.
    I’m sorry you have all that to deal with, crippling.
    Try to find things to occupy your mind and outside for fresh air.
    Take care of you, Robin

Butterfly21 likes this.
  2. Butterfly21

Butterfly21 Member

Dear RLC,
    You also, must have felt crippled. Perhaps you still do. I feel so bad for you, to lose your husband and business in one night. You must have been in shock. So so so so tough.
    Thank you for writing to me again. I sure appreciate it.
    My inner pain has been so deep. I curl up in fetal position on couch, curled in my blanket. Put lavender essential oil on my wrists and back of neck.. Had a small glass of wine. I went into deep sleep. I was very glad.
    I pray that you are ok. When did these 2 awful losses happen for you?

I do go for walks. They sure help, and I deep breath, and exhale slowly.
    Maybe I'll make chocolate chip cookies today, and share with the people in my building were we rent.
    Take good care,
    Butterfly ❤️

RLC likes this.
  3. Butterfly21

Butterfly21 Member

4. Butterfly21

Butterfly21 Member

Yes,. I could write a book! Mom always told me that I should write a book! We'll see!
    She was always there for myself and my siblings. She always was very interested in what I had to say. Always wanted to think of solutions, if I had a situation that where I didn't know what to do. She never said she had something else to do.
    -Butterfly

5. Butterfly21

Butterfly21 Member

Hi,
    Try and hang in... It sounds like your inner pain is very, very great.
    I lost my mom this past December. She was a wonderful, loving person. I have felt like I can't go on many days. Mom wants me to go on and live, and experience lots of greats things yet.
    I'm pretty sure your mom would want you to live. To experience slot more of life.
    It's going to take a long time to deal with this tremendous loss.
    For me too. Some days I can barely think or function. I'm trying to hang in...
    -Butterfly in Wisconsin

6. Butterfly21

Butterfly21 Member

7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Butterfly,
    Thank you so much! I lost my husband 11/17/18, the worst day of my life. I believe I went into shock, it happened so fast. He was healthy, we had a beautiful day together, planning our Thanksgiving dinner and counting down to our family vacation in January. I have RA and Ron took such good care of me, I panicked with the thought I need to do everything myself. We did everything together so I know how to do most things but my joints don’t always allow it. Instead of our family vacation we spent that week emptying our business with so many tears. I didn’t want to touch the things he had put down before heading home. Maybe that’s silly but that’s how I felt. We worked side by side for 40 years. We were planning on retiring this Sept and enjoy life without work or schedules. Travel the USA. So I don’t have a schedule but I’m certainly not enjoying it.
    Not sure why I didn’t think of using lavender, that’s a great idea. The breathing exercises are so very helpful, they got me through many a day.
    I will say I’m doing better then I was, but I still struggle. I’m having trouble dealing with this covid 19 social distancing, and right now I’m going through a rough time. I feel like, ok come home now. Mother’s Day without Ron feels so wrong and our wedding anniversary is early June, would be 43 years. I know Mother’s Day will be hard for you. Everything just sucks! Every day is a hard day. But we need to push forward, I use Ron as my inspiration, that’s what gets me out of bed each day. He wouldn’t want me struggling the way I am. We actually discussed these things and knew whoever was left behind would have a terrible time getting through the loss. I know your Mom wouldn’t want you struggling. She sounds like such a lovely person, Mom!
    I love your idea to bake cookies today and share with others in your building. Such a nice idea and keeps your mind busy.
    Stay safe and work towards better days ahead.
    Robin