*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My baby

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Sydneyc, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Sydneyc

Sydneyc New Member

My baby girl Adaline passed away at 3 weeks old just over a month ago. I don’t know how to continue living. I don’t know how to do this or how to continue being a functional human. Any words of advice or love would be greatly appreciated.

2. Daniwho

Daniwho New Member

Hello, I am a grieving grandmother. My daughter is in a similar situation as you. She lost one of her twins just prior to birth. I don't have any wisdom or miracle fix to share with you, but I thought I'd post just to say you are not alone. Losing a child is probably the hardest thing life could throw at you. I know it feels like the world is closing in on you, but I believe you are strong and you will get through this. I am here for you.

3. Momof8-1

Momof8-1 Member

Sydney,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. It has been a little over a month since I lost my 1 week old baby girl, Eliza. Like you, I don't know how to continue to function and move forward in life. The pain and devastation and emptiness are like nothing I've ever experienced or known. I think I've had every emotion (and, continue to have them) to the point of think I could honestly lose my mind. My therapist recommended a book (I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye: surviving, coping, & healing after the sudden death of a loved one by Brook Noel & Pamela D. Blair) for my husband and I to read; however, I'm the one reading it and he sits in silence. I will say the book has helped me more than I ever thought it could or would. It's helped me to understand that my grieving process is "normal" for me and that I'm not alone. It has provided me with "tools" to use to help with the grieving process and taught me that men don't necessarily grieve the same as women (which definitely is helpful to my marriage). My only regret is not getting this book and reading it sooner. Because we are grieving in such different ways, I decided to join this site in hopes of finding some people that are going thru or have been thru something similar to my situation. I'm hoping to find people that will talk, share, listen, & offer advice, during this most difficult time in my life as I am more than willing to do the same for them. I am here for you and we will get through this.

Brooke

4. Daniwho

Daniwho New Member

Thank you for sharing. I just ordered the book for my daughter. Did you use the workbook too? I didn't order it, but told my daughter if she liked the book and wanted the workbook I would order it for her too. The COVID Crisis has kept her from being able to attend therapy services, so I am hoping the book will help her as well.

5. Momof8-1

Momof8-1 Member

Hi! I have not used the workbook; however, I am considering buying it at some point. Right now, the thought of doing a workbook seems overwhelming to me so, I'm postponing the decision of purchasing the workbook until a later date. Because of Covid 19, all of my therapy sessions have been via video from my laptop or phone. Maybe that could be an option for your daughter too? I actually like doing the therapy via video because I can have my therapy session from my house and in my comfy clothes. Most days I don't have the desire or energy to get "fixed" up let alone try and go out in public and be social. I sincerely hope you daughter finds the book as helpful & informative as I have. I would love to know her thoughts on the book, if she or you wouldn't mind sharing an update. I haven't finished the entire book yet nor did I read it from front to back. I have skipped all around & read some sections multiple times. My thoughts & prayers are with your daughter as she navigates this crazy & unfamiliar new life without one of her boys.

6. Momof8-1

Momof8-1 Member