Moving forwards and upwards

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by Jayde, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Jayde

Jayde New Member

hi, my name is Jayde. I’m a twenty year old girl in a serious relationship, working a full time job and have a roof over my head.
    I am in therapy once a week. I don’t know if it’s helping or not.
    I lost mum due to cancer (she was 49) on April 10th. I was her carer for six months prior.
    Dad passed away on April 1st, 2007 (he was 41, I was 8), due to a long term injury.
    I lost my gramma (mums side) in December. She passed after 8 years of throat cancer.
    I was there while mum lost her own mum, not knowing four months later we would be planning her funeral.
    I developed Leukemia at 21 months (and fought for 3 years, although I’m the lucky one who doesn’t remember anything).
    My family is very religious, and disowned me at 18 after I decided it wasn’t for me anymore. I currently speak only to my sister, and an uncle.
    I don’t find it hard to speak about my life because I don’t believe it’s sad. I find it hard because there is so much to talk about. So I came here to share, and then most importantly, listen.
    One day, I hope to be able to be a support for others, not for my own benefit (well not to rely on it to help myself, treat it as a bonus), but to genuinely provide hope and compassion to others who need it.
    I hope there are others who might be in the same boat, and we can move forward and upwards together.
    xx J

Destinee likes this.
  2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Welcome. Hopefully, you can connect with others here and obtain mutual help.

3. Destinee

Destinee New Member

I would love to move forward and upward !