Grief Self-Study Now Available! Visit Online Support section for more information

Moving forward

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by 5redheadgirlsmom, Feb 18, 2021.

1. 5redheadgirlsmom

5redheadgirlsmom New Member

Hi! Im kathie. I lost my beautiful 14 year old daughter in a car accident a little over 2 years ago. 3 of my girls were in the car. My 16 year old was driving her 14 year old sister to school and her 3 year old sister to daycare. She misjudged a left turn and was tboned. My kaiden was killed almost instantly. The other two basically walked away.
    I dont think my daughter will ever see this. And i know in my head and in my heart that it was an accident but sometimes i get angry. I wonder how she was the chosen one.
    I get angry because i cant believe that the one thing the social worker who followed us around the er told my husband and i we would probably be getting a divorce and guess what?! We are!!
    Im made at my ex because he found another mom who lost a kid to help with his grief. She understands him so much better than i do. He makes me feel guilty for trying to process and move forward. For remembering we have 4 other daughter who need 2 functioning parents. Im mad that while he thought i was so put together its a really good act. In so angry i cant cry and mourn her with him.
    He said so many mean things to me when he left. He called me a bad mom. He said i didnt love kaiden as much as i love the other kids. I couldnt go see her in the hospital. I couldnt see her broken little body on that trauma table. I knew if i did i qould have climbed onto that table and doed right along with her.