*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Mom my best friend

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Randalgb, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Randalgb

Randalgb New Member

I lost my mom back in April of this year due to a botched surgery. I am now all alone and trying to deal with everyday situations but just can't seem to move forward. My mom was my whole life she was everything to me. for the last 25 years I was also her care giver. I did everything for her no questions asked. I just did it. With mom gone I have nothing left. No reason for being here. I just need help moving forward and getting on with my life.

2. Emerginglight

Emerginglight Member

Randalgh, I lost my mum in May. I can imagine how bad you are feeling. I’m so sorry for your loss.
    I know it’s hard to find purpose. I think that too, most times.... However I wonder what your mum would want you to do? I try to do that. It helps.
    Prayers, love and hope for the future ...
    Em

3. Randalgb

Randalgb New Member

I do think about that. It sometimes helps, but it is still hard. We did do everything together.

4. Emerginglight

Emerginglight Member

I am a Christian so I lean on my faith. I didn’t initially as I was so overwhelmed. It’s only been just over 4 months but I can finally start leaning on God again...I speak to Him and I ‘talk to mum’. I don’t expect her to answer. I just imagine what her response would be. It comforts me.

I know it’s hard. I spoke to my mum daily. All of my life she has been a constant. Now. Nothing. I am crushed. It’s as if I am still waiting for her to ring me. Like it’s a dream. But I also know it isn’t. I will see her one day when it’s my time to leave this world. Until then I have to find a way to survive in the same way she had to when her mother died. Both of them suffered dreadfully.

You will find a way to continue. You must. Your mum would want you to. What is the alternative? Nervous breakdown? Suicide? No.
    My mum didn’t want to die. She wanted to live. She had no choice. Your mum would want you to find a way to live. It’s down to you as painful as each day feels...I know you are tired. But when you are ready, it will be time to live again.

Em x

5. Masha

Masha New Member

I feel the same. So painful. Sometimes I think, ok I can live my life without my mom, I’ll try to. But then I just imagine that Never Again. Never again I see her, hear her voice, talk to her. I will never see my mom anymore.... And I just can’t breath at that moment whenI realize it. It’s just impossible. And then I think that I will not live forever too. And it helps a little bit.

6. Emerginglight

Emerginglight Member

Marsha, Prayers and Hugz...I read you words and feel mostly the same. I comfort myself in the same way, knowing that my life will end at some stage. But, until then, we need to live. Life is a gift from God. Our loved ones would have wanted to live if they could. So we must live for them and make them proud. Then one day, we will all be together. Xxxx

Masha likes this.