*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Missing my Mom

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Jessie_55, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Jessie_55

Jessie_55 New Member

I just lost my mom 10 days ago. She was more that a mother, she was my very best friend. It was very sudden..heart attack. I was with her when it happened and I tried to help her but couldn't. She died when she got to the hospital. I didn't get to say goodbye. I miss her more every day. I'm trying to be strong for my dad. They had been together for 60 years and this is so hard on him. He's very sick too with COPD/Emphysema and leukemia. I'm so worried about him too. He's grieving himself to death. I don't know what to do.

2. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain i lost my little brother last Tuesday i am at wiits end just know its ok to let it out

3. Jennifer4eversweet

Jennifer4eversweet New Member

I lost my mom too 23 days ago, she also was in the hospital at the time, and I missed her passing. It's so hard. I am trying to be strong for the rest of the family. Do the best you can. Everything I need to do now, I do, because I know that would be what she wants, and that helps me to keep going...

4. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

its not easy i know on top of this my granny passed away last week i just kind of muddle through things

5. Jessie I’m so sorry for you loss. It’s very difficult when you are trying to be strong for your dad and care for him. my husband has Parkinson’s and trying to care for him while I’m grieving is difficult.
    I’m trying to hold it together, but my grief is overwhelming! . My mother-in-law passed eight weeks ago, it feels like yesterday! The pain is unbearable, we’ve lived together 26 years. She was a best friend, confidant, cheerleader. I was so blessed to have such an amazing mother-in-law. We m sending prayers for strength to you and big hugs