*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Missing my best friend

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Returning joy, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Returning joy

Returning joy Member

I lost my husband of 48 years 2 months ago. Very lonely, distracted. How are others coping with the loneliness, so fatigued, fog brain. I am a believer, know that God is my comforter, but also need the company of family friends.

2. Songman

Songman Well-Known Member

God Bless you, and may He grant you peace.

3. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband passed away recently too. I'm also very lonely. Before I get out of bed in the morning, no matter how small it is, I think of something that I'm grateful for. I force myself to get out of bed even on the days when I'm struggling the most. I make a list of things I want to accomplish before the end of the day. If it's one of those days when I want to pull the covers over my head instead of getting up, there will only be a couple of very simple tasks on it. As long as Mother Nature cooperates, I take long walks after breakfast. I schedule phone calls with family and friends who live far away from me. Today I went to a grief support group for the first time. When I'm ready, I'm going to do some volunteer work. I find that fresh air, exercise, and having some sort of routine each day, helps me cope with feeling lonely. Visiting this site, sharing my feelings, and "listening" to others who understand the pain of losing someone who you loved, still love, with all your heart, helps.

Take care of yourself the best you can. Be gentle with yourself. Although I wish you didn't need to be here, that none of us needed to be here, I'm glad you found us.

Sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace...

Returning joy likes this.
  4. Frodo

Frodo New Member

Hi my husband died of alzheimers and Parkinson's june 6th of this year I took care of him for over 2 years before that He went downhill so fast. I know the pain is searing. Want you to know l care kathy

5. Returning joy

Returning joy Member

6. Returning joy

Returning joy Member

Thank you Kathy..I guess we really know what the other is going through..thinking & praying for you also..

7. Frodo

Frodo New Member

Thanks so much Went.out with a dear friend tonight. Very nice but so hard to come.home to an empty house. Kathy

8. Returning joy

Returning joy Member

Baby steps..always feel best at home where my husband lived..and passed. Those little trips out are helpful..like learning to walk again..it is always hard returning to an empty home. You did it though! One day, one minute at a time..I know how you feel..walking it with you.❤️

9. Frodo

Frodo New Member

Bless you. So grateful to have someone that understands you're right baby steps. We need to be gentle with ourselves. l am more fragile than lve ever been. Have a peaceful day. I appreciate you. Kathy

Returning joy likes this.