*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Missing Mom

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by HankersKing6, Nov 29, 2020.

1. HankersKing6

HankersKing6 Well-Known Member

My mother passed away six months today and this is the very first holiday without her. I miss her voice on the phone. Sometimes I just cry still. I loved her so very much and I know... She loved me too. Lord help!

Greg9072 and LonelyLexi805 like this.
  2. Jenknee72

Jenknee72 Member

I lost my mom on Sunday Nov 29th. Hasn’t even been 2 weeks and I miss her terribly! It’s the worst feeling ever imagined. I never knew I could cry so much, hurts so bad.

Greg9072 and LonelyLexi805 like this.
  3. HankersKing6

So sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel as I lost my mom six months ago and it seems like six years! The loss is over whelming. I pray God gives you strength to go own. Your mom would probably want you to not be safe. Be encouraged !!

4. Jenknee72

Jenknee72 Member

I just don’t know how to heal. I didn’t get a chance to talk to her about anything, it happened so fast.. in fact none of us had time to process even mom. I’m so sorry for your loss as well. There is not a person who understands this feeling unless they have been through it themselves.

Greg9072 likes this.
  5. HankersKing6

I haven't heard from anyone in a while. But I would love to. Mom has been gone 8 months now and I'm still crying today. I guess I have to encourage myself.

Greg9072 likes this.
  6. OSL

OSL Member

Your never alone.

7. HankersKing6

Thank you! ❤️

8. veggie

veggie New Member

I just lost both of my parents within 6 months of each other. They were my world. My heart and soul. I am so incredibly lost without them. I understand your pain, it's like no other. All we can do is honor their memory, be the people they raised and wanted us to be, and remember they gave us life to live it and we owe it to them to find happiness somehow. It's OK to cry, it's natural and normal to feel this way, if we didn't love them so much it wouldn't hurt this much. I know it will take time, and right now each minute feels like an eternity and just getting through a day is so difficult, and they are missed more each day, but hopefully with time it will get a little easier. You are not alone. We are all here to talk about our feelings, to share our memories, to understand each other's pain and to know that we have each other for support because we are all going through the same thing. I wish none of us had to endure this grief, but just know we all understand what you are feeling.