*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Missing Mom

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by HankersKing6, Nov 12, 2020.

1. HankersKing6

HankersKing6 Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I have written on this site so I hope I am in the right place. Mom died five months ago. I miss her so very much and it hurts almost as bad as the first day. I don't think it will ever stop. OMG sometimes I think I am loosing my mind. How does one survive loosing a mother??

2. Marlea298

Marlea298 New Member

I lost my mom 5 months ago and I feel the same. She was my best friend as well as my mom so i feel like Im missing two people. I just want to share everything with her and with Christmas coming up i dont Know what to do.

3. HankersKing6

Yeah I'm sure the holidays won't be easy for either of us since this will be our first time w/o them. I wish you well

4. MosaicForest

MosaicForest New Member

I lost my mom five months ago, as well, and my husband lost his mom three months before that. Our marriage is now in trouble. Feeling the holidays closing in on me like a big lonely weight. Thanks for listening. Wishing us all peace in our hearts.

5. HankersKing6

Sorry for your loss and we will make it through this bcz what is the alternative?? I pray for you...you pray for me and watch GOD change things. Try being patient with your husband. I am trying to be slow to anger w/mine and more considerate. In your case your husband is feeling the same loss as you. Be patient.

6. DallasPaige

DallasPaige New Member

I loss my mom Nov 7th. I started reading a book to help called ‘Healing After Loss of Your Mother’ it was a gift from a friend. I suggest it because it’s m guiding me on this new path with my mom and this road is so lonely.

7. HankersKing6

Thanks. Will definitely look up.this book. I think about the time I had with mom.was only seven months after her diagnosis. Had I known it was that short I would have done things differently. I was with her taking her last breath and was grateful. One of the images forever in my mind. Almost a reflief bcz of her suffering. I MISS her so much. ❤️