*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Miss My Husband Terribly, But Trying To Move Forward!

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by vicki1802, Feb 20, 2018.

1. vicki1802

vicki1802 New Member

I miss my husband, Jim, terribly but trying to move forward!

Jim had a long term illness, but passed away on January 1, 2017, from a bacteria that he got in got in the hospital! Jim and I were married 42 years and have two kids and 2 grand kids.

I would like to connect with other people who have lost their spouse to support each other through the Grieving and Healing process!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

vicki1802

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2018
  2. Mary0128

Mary0128 Well-Known Member

I lost my husband 2 months ago, 1/28/18. I stay busy during the day, but when I'm home in the evening, as the sun sets on another day, I feel the tremendous loss.
    I'm hoping it gets easier

Greg St and Nene like this.
  3. Scoutpete

Scoutpete Member

What is moving forward? I don't even know who I am anymore without my husband. I was a wife for longer than not and now have to adjust to widow. Every time I fill out a form, etc. and I have write that or put in a "w" it stings even more.....

4. I lost my husband on 4-23-2018. It was sudden, and I found him when I came home from work. He had just started at home hemo dialysis and the doctors said he was doing better. We would have been married 25 years in November. Lunchtime and right after work are some of my hardest times. I cry walking out to my car every evening because I would call him at lunch and after work. I am seeing a grief counselor, attended one grief support meeting so far, and have a supportive sister and friends, but really am having trouble accepting this. I have to sell our house, and the task ahead is daunting. We were "collectors."

Gerald likes this.
  5. Mary0128

Mary0128 Well-Known Member

I was talking on the phone with a lady from my health insurance company and she said oh, I see you are a widow; it brought me to tears. I do not like hearing that word.

6. Scoutpete

Scoutpete Member

Dear Heart Broken, my 24 year old wise daughter who lost her daddy to whom she was very close ( they spoke everyday and she lives in another state) reminded me that I don't have to "accept" my husband's death, but rather acknowledge it. She's so right and this is where I'm at. I don't accept it and never will, but have to ackowledge it. I hope this helps....

7. Agm52

Agm52 Member

8. Agm52

Agm52 Member

Lost my husband of 26 years to cancer on July 2, 2018. He was very loving, kind, selfless and my best friend. This void and pain in my heart will be there forever...
    There are triggers, like a song, his favorite food, or simple tasks that he used to do, when it hits, I would be a total wreck...
    I often have butterflies in my stomach especially when I miss him and at the thought that I'll never ever hear his laughter again, see him come through the door with excitement, and be able to share my heart..

Nene and Heart Broken In Georgia like this.
  9. I so get that.

Nene and Mary0128 like this.
  10. Great advice. I will never accept it either. Acknowledge is much better.

11. Nene

Nene New Member

My sweet Harry, my husband of 43 years, passed on the same day. He was 84. I am 65, 66 in October. We had no kids. I am the oldest of 9. I cry every day and my one sister tells me, " I thought you were stronger". Can you imagine that? I retired early to be with him a year ago, but it was too late. End stage renal failure. I thought we had more time. I hate doctors and most health workers. They lie; and most are not qualified to care and treat this disease like the dementia/delirium that goes with it. Even though we meet here, it will never replace those we held closest to our hearts and souls. I try praying, I sure you do, too. It's too soon for me to "move forward". I hate the 28th of the month. This is the week, a year ago, when my Harry started to feel so tired. I know I have to stop the guilt, but it's all I have now. Sorry to drag on, I know you have your hurt to deal with each day. Just know, you are not alone with those feelings you feel.

griefic likes this.
  12. Donna Pioli

Donna Pioli Member

13. CarolC

CarolC Well-Known Member

I got my first "To the Estate of..." letter in the mail today. They had his name wrong. His middle initial is W and they put a J. I got the accident report about two weeks after his death from a lawyer trying to solicit my business and a real estate person called my cell phone trying to buy my property. My husband passed away a little over a month ago in a wreck. I'm not even trying to move forward right now, I'm just trying to stay strong, which is a battle I feel like I lose a little more each day. I love the advice about acknowleding his death instead of accepting it. I think I'll use that the next time someone tells me I need to accept that he's gone.

14. Donna Pioli

Donna Pioli Member

15. Judy Mary

Judy Mary New Member

Hi Vicki,
    Sorry to hear about your husband. I lost my husband, Paul, in August 2016. We were married 42 years, together for 47. I miss him terribly still. I go through the motions in the day but find night time is the worst . I have lots of support but still struggle. Day at a time is my motto .Some good days, some sad days. Surround yourself with a good support system . I walk every day which seems to help . Take care...