*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Memories

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Losted in the ozone, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Losted in the ozone

Losted in the ozone New Member

Paula Hudon 8-7-20

Missing her kinda bad today, memories just seem to flood back more on some days than others. Not getting any easier that's for sure. 46 years, the only woman in my life. D61B957E-0877-4C27-8665-E49E37324E65_1_201_a.jpeg

Mary0128, Silliebillie, JMD and 2 others like this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. It’s definitely a bumpy journey. Some days are definitely harder then others. It’s a long difficult process. Try to get outside and get fresh air, it helps a lot. Memories will eventually make you smile.
    Beautiful picture!

3. Losted in the ozone

My daughter calls often, she lives out of state. I want to talk to her about how I'm feeling, but I'll cut the call short and wish her a good night when I start to get weepy and choked up. Then I worry about her feeling bad because she knows I'm not doing as ok as I tell her. Very hard to show weepy emotions to the daughter that I have always been protective of.

4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I understand where you’re coming from. It sounds like you have a wonderful daughter and she’s trying to offer you support. My daughter is my best support. She has been all along. My daughter lives close to me and we’ve supported each other through this process. I’m sorry to say your daughter is probably picking up on your pain. She knows the relationship you had with her Mom, she knows it’s normal to have a rough time after such a loss. I’m sure she’s hurting too. Try to share a little something, how much you miss Paula, the house is lonely and quiet, something to help open conversation. Ask her how she is. I have a feeling it will be good for both of you. I do understand it’s hard. I hope you have other people in your life offering support, accept any help offered. And by help, it can be as simple as someone to have a cup of coffee with.

5. Losted in the ozone

I know you're right and I believe I can get there. This site helps me do what I should be doing with Katie.

6. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Katie sounds like a wonderful daughter, like my Stacey is. I’m glad this site is helping you. Getting your thoughts out and seeing others stories, realizing what we feel is normal. I think Ron would have a difficult time discussing with Stacey his feelings if it was me gone and him in pain. I understand that it’s hard. As you know, women have an intuition that picks up on these things.
    My son lives out of state but he stays in touch with me I miss having him close even more since Ron has passed.
    God Bless our children.

7. Losted in the ozone

Bless you and your family, we can all pull it together and survive with our pain

RLC likes this.
  8. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Robin has offered good advice. We all go through such hard stages in this grief. I lost my husband 1 year ago and have cycled through times when I thought I was doing ok and others, like recently, when it is just so hard. Keep doing at least one thing a day, eat well, sleep when you can, get outside everyday to walk and get fresh air. Find something that needs doing or something that holds your attention...it helps pass the days and makes you feel a bit like normal. I'm in the middle of planning a trip across Canada on my bike next summer. It may or may not happen but holds my interest for now and gives me something that makes me look forward. Hugs.

RLC likes this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you! The pain gets less severe, but our loved ones stay in our heart forever. We’re a work in progress. Our spouses don’t want us in this pain. Ron even had told me, I don’t want any big funeral, I don’t want a fuss. And don’t waste your days crying over me. We’ll be together again one day. We actually told each other that. Now, I realize how important that conversation was. And I’m trying. But he had a big funeral, oh well!

10. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Look at you planning such an excursion! Kudos to you, I’m impressed. Whether it happens or not. Looking ahead is a wonderful step in the right direction.

11. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Beautiful, loving kind face. ❤️