*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

March 11th...

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by ainie, Mar 11, 2020.

1. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

31 years ago today I went on a blind date with an incredibly handsome man who became the love of my life. From that first date we knew we had found the one we had been looking for. He became a wonderful Dad to my 3 children. He built a huge addition onto his house to provide a home for all of us. We worked, we raised the kids, we played, we travelled. He loved being G-pa to our grandchildren. I was so blessed to have been "set up" by my sister with this guy.

5 months ago today he died. I miss him so much today that even breathing hurts.

David Hughes likes this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Ainie, my heart breaks for you. I know too well how you’re feeling. I can actually feel your pain and heartache through your post.
    You’ve honored him today with your loving tribute to him.
    I’m so sorry! Hugs! Robin

ainie and David Hughes like this.
  3. Billfromwa

Billfromwa Well-Known Member

I join Robin in sending hugs and support to you on this difficult day. My Janet left us on October 18 2019. We all share your grief and celebrate your love story. How wonderful to have found such all encompassing eternal love in our lifetimes. Most people don’t get to experience such love. True love will always survive.

Bill

ainie and David Hughes like this.
  4. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Ainie, I realize this day is one that is of great importance for you. I hope you will find some peace tonight and have some fond memories of all the great times you shared together as one. Take all the time in world you need to heal inside, and just know we all understand your tremendous loss you now deal with in life. May tomorrow bring better days forward for you.

david

Billfromwa and ainie like this.
  5. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Ainie, Sometime children say it so much better than we ever could.

I found this song for you on this special day.

These are the words:

Lyrics:

Starlight shines, the night is still
    Shepherds watch from a hill
    I close my eyes, see the night
    When love was born

Perfect child gently waits
    A mother bends to kiss God’s face
    When love was born

Angels fill the midnight sky, they sing
    Hallelujah, He is Christ, our King

Emmanuel, Emmanuel -----------
    He is the Prince of Peace,
    Alleluia, Allelulia ----------------

Emmanuel, Prince of peace
    Love come down for you and me
    Heaven's gift, the holy spark
    To let the way inside our hearts
    Through your small door
    Ooh ----------------
    The world was changed forevermore
    When love was born
    When love was born

Billfromwa, ainie and RLC like this.
  6. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

Thank you for your words. They are comfort. I bundled up and walked through the remaining snow to place a rose on Mike's grave this afternoon. It was so difficult but I had to. Feeling calmer since. It is true that to have had that kind of love is so awesome and no matter how much it hurts today it was so worth it. David thank you for the song...it is lovely...love and peace came down for us.

David Hughes and Billfromwa like this.
  7. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

Good comments all.