*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Almso70, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

Well it's Sunday just sitting here thinking i can't even bring myself to watch football today that was my brothers favorite sport he loved tge 49ers me im a colts guy it was are rivalry it's just not the same seems pointless to me now how do i move on?
    We didn't bury him he wanted cremated as do i life is so short it's funny when you are young everything is green

2. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I think it's gone take time to do some of the things yall did together. Me and my fiancee use to look forward to a new movie coming on lifetime. It was our thing to do at night. I cant even watch lifetime right now. I've found myself lately wanting to see what's on but I cant bring myself to watch it. With time you'll probably watch football and think of something your brother would say and laugh.

3. LouiseP57

LouiseP57 Well-Known Member

Good morning, although from your post, it isn't starting out too good. Life is short and there are enough things we cannot control, but believe it or not, there are things we can! You're asking deep questions that no one but you can answer. When grief is new we often can't see any light in the so called tunnel. The dark envelops us for days at a time. I know because I've been in that darkness. The darkness hurts almost as much as the loss of the loved one. But I can tell you it can lift. Not all at once does it happen but it can happen if you want it to. What things used to give you joy? You said you root for a particular football team. Watch the game and think of a particularly good time you had watching the game with your brother. Most importantly, don't be alone. Allow others in to help fill the loneliness. No one can take his place but they can help ease the pain. Sending you a virtual hug

JMD likes this.
  4. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

Thank you so very much

LouiseP57 likes this.