*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost two in 40 days

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Missmyangels, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Missmyangels

Missmyangels Active Member

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I lost my brother, my only sibling, to suicide on September 23, 2018. It was a complete shock to everyone. He was so successful and happy and had two little girls who were his world. 34 days after he passed, my mom had a seizure.. multiple seizures that she never woke up from. Six days later she passed away. I literally lost half of my immediate family in 40 days . She never had a seizure in her life. I can't make sense of any of it. My dad is so lost.. they would have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary next Friday. I worry about him constantly. It's very difficult trying to be a wife, a mother, a caregiver at work, and a daughter to someone who needs me while I try to work through my own grief. Any suggestions would be gladly welcomed...

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

I am so sorry for all you've had to experience. It is so hard in a family to all be coping with the same losses, as we all try to support one another but tend to our own grief as well. We can manage a lot when life is "good" but when faced with multiple losses we can become overwhelmed with the work of grief. I have an article from our blog that has some advice, and I hope it can be a help to you: https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/supportive-youre-grieving/
    Thank you for visiting us, we are here to help~