*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost the love of my life

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by LaurieAnn, Oct 2, 2019.

1. LaurieAnn

LaurieAnn New Member

Three years ago my soulmate found me. Each of us 53 years on this Earth with failed marriages. I never knew such intensity of love for another human being. We were planning on moving to the beach next Spring. Then September 16th he was taken away, died right in front of me. Now I feel the intensity of grief. My chest hurts so badly. I have lost my faith, I feel robbed and wonder what I did that was so bad to have him ripped away from me. I just want him back. I'm angry, so very angry. I cry all day.

2. Mimi2

Mimi2 Member

In 2014, I lost the love of my life. My first marriage ended in divorce. I was a struggling single mom trying to take care of my 2 children. Then in 2000, I met John. He turned my life around. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be married to such a wonderful man. Then he developed lung cancer and was taken away from me. I kept asking myself"why do bad things happen to good people?" Still don't have an answer. I keep telling myself that he isn't suffering. Doesn't help. Laurie Ann, I know you feel anger. We all do. We all know what you are going through. We are here to help you get through your grief.

3. LaurieAnn

LaurieAnn New Member

Thank you for sharing with me. I guess I'll never know why he was brought into my life and that I only had three years with him. Now I'm preparing for a life alone.