*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost spouse due to covid

Discussion in 'Loss to COVID-19' started by Time heals, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Time heals

Time heals Member

As I sit in bed after pondering all day and crying over the loss of my husband the thought of him not coming home, calling me and ha omg that personal hubby and wifey time still baffles me! It’s been only 8 days now since my husband passed from covid. We were together 8 years, married 6. No one understands the deep wrenching pain that I experience on a daily...my days and nights are long as I’m up during the night with constant thoughts of him and what is my life going to be like now that he’s gone. I’m afraid of being alone. I have no one to just reach out and understand how I’m feeling or to talk with without them getting tired of me calling and crying and telling my same story over again. He was my life. Not sure what interest me because he was my interest. How do I pick up and start life, where do I begin???

Fransisca77 and angelique5 like this.
  2. Berta

Berta New Member

I'm so sorry to read this. All I can tell you is what I'm telling myself right now, just take it one minute at a time. In time, you'll know what to do. Be gentle with yourself.

3. Kar

Kar Member

Its just awful...No one understands because no one is you...I love my family and friends but right now I choose to just be...Im tired of the usual comments everyone makes because they don't know what to say....and honestly I don't want them to alone with my thoughts trying to separate the memories of both amazing husbands...hubby one 2007 and number 2 just 42 days....Walter & Mike 2 amazing men how blessed I was... Its just torture both so young ..Im not sure but Im hoping they are together and missing me just a bit....my granddaughter says they are having chocolate milk ! I pray she's right..

4. Kar

Kar Member

Im so sorry...Neither passed from COVID I didn't pay attention to title of Post
    my first husband died of pancreatic cancer and Mike got a fungus he was supposed to have surgery, rehab and come home...The Doctors messed up..didn't do what they were supposed to the fungus spread like cancer .....Surgery July 4 th gone September 8 th Just can't believe it. Im so so sorry of your losses.

5. YankeeScot

YankeeScot New Member

Hi, just read your post. I lost my dear husband of 29 years to COVID19 on June 23, 2020. I was wondering how you are doing?

6. angelique5

angelique5 Member

I understand your pain. I lost my husband to covid 7 days ago. After 20 days in the ICU.
    I'm devastated, lost in a fog, still trying to function through the days, surreal. One moment I'm managing, the next I can't control my tears. I love him so much... How is this real???

I feel your pain and I'm so so sorry.

Mariposa92 and SprintGirl like this.
  7. SprintGirl

SprintGirl New Member

8. SprintGirl

SprintGirl New Member

I lost my husbsnd to covid on Dec. 18th 2021.

9. Mariposa92

Mariposa92 New Member

I lost my mom due to covid last Jan 2021, she was in the icu for 17 days. We hoped and prayed she would keep fighting but complication after complication. I find myself in these spouse forums to understand my dad. He's struggling and idk how to help. My parents were married for 30 years and he tried to make it seem like he's ok but i just wish as the oldest sister I could be there for him.

10. KLovinggood

KLovinggood Member

11. KLovinggood

KLovinggood Member

I miss all the phone calls from my husband too. Every time my cell phone rings I will think it is him. No one hardly called me only cell phone. I miss the time we spent together. I cry every day and wonder when I will ever stop.