*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my youngest sister and best friend

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by Renee Tate, Apr 25, 2019.

?

Are there really shoulders here that are broad enough for the broken, besides the Lords?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Renee Tate

Renee Tate New Member

In October, not only did we lose my youngest sister, I lost my best friend. They found her cancer when she was pregnant with her only child (who now carries her legacy). She fought for 3 years. 10 days after her daughter’s 3rd birthday, we lost her. The cancer was rare. After undergoing a radical mastectomy, the cancer came back. First in her brain, then to her lungs and liver, then the rest of her body. To say she is missed is a huge understatement. Still trying to understand, I know God has a plan, for the entire family and for her precious 3-year old daughter. I talk to her daily after I pray for comfort. As my other siblings and parents try to cope and help each other through, outsiders who don’t understand tell me things will get back to normal. Their ignorance is beyond frustrating. Our lives have forever changed. And, while being single, I find comfort in spending time with family and her daughter every opportunity I get, but sometimes, I find myself in need of more...

2. fourcorners88

fourcorners88 Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can certainly understand your frustration at people who think you can "get back to normal" or "move on." I feel the same way as you, after losing my brother 3 years ago, that things can never be the same. We can continue to live our lives and find moments of joy, but everything will always be tinged with the loss of a person who should be there through all of it. I'm glad that you can still find connection with her even though she's not physically here. I know it's not the same, but it helps. It sounds like you have a supportive family to help you navigate it all and share in your grief, even though it can still be a very lonely thing. I hope you're doing okay.

3. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your sister. I understand exactly what you are going through since my oldest and only sister (who was my best friend) passed away 8 mos ago. Things will never return to normal as you once knew it but you will begin to deal with the tragedy as best you can. I take one day at a time and try to remember all the good times even though my heart is broken. Sending you hugs.

4. Kim W

Kim W Member

Im so sorry for the loss of your sister . I know the pain all to well . I lost my older sister June 14 2018 . Im still a mess . I think always will be . IMO it does not get any easier we just learn to live with it . Your not alone . Sending hugs

cg123 likes this.
  5. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words and stay strong.

Kim W likes this.
  6. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words and stay strong.

Kim W likes this.
  7. Kim W

Kim W Member

Just wanted to say hello and see how your doing ?

8. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

Thank you for asking. I'm doing okay ... some "good" days and some "bad" days. I try to keep myself busy but sometimes the grief still overwhelms me but I believe that is normal and doubt those feelings will ever go away. How are you doing?