*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

lost my work Husband to covid

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Schmidtc1562, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Schmidtc1562

Schmidtc1562 New Member

This has been the most difficult thing I have ever had to go through.. I have lost my 3 best friends in less than 8 months all to covid. this latest one was my work partner, my former boss, who would not seek help for covid.. It has devestated me beyond my wildest dreams.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. MissyL

MissyL New Member

I'm very sorry for your tremendous loss. My husband, passed away 14 January from cancer.
    He had 2 months after diagnosis.
    I, like you are having a terrible time coping with this grief. I feel completely lost.
    Maybe we can be support to each other.
    No one seems to understand this devastation.
    I can only say I go one hour at a time. Thinking ahead more than that is terribly stressful. I'm terribly sad for all that are suffering.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  3. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathies to both of you for the tragedy you are enduring. Just go hour by hour as you said, and give yourself a little time to be able to accomplish more like you want. The walk of grief is a heavy walk-too heavy for one person to carry. We are here for you. Keep coming back and sharing your feelings. We support you.

4. Jenni0920

Jenni0920 Member

5. Jenni0920

Jenni0920 Member

I’m so very sorry for your loss! I just lost my boyfriend of 7 years yesterday. It is the worst pain I’ve ever experienced in my whole life. He meant the world to me. Always put me first.. I feel so lost without him. It happened suddenly I didn’t even have time to say goodbye or get any closure.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  6. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your terrible loss. May God send strength and healing. I hope you and Schmidtc1562 will contact each other in the chat room to help each other.
    Love and hugs to you

7. Jenni0920

Jenni0920 Member

Prayers for everyone that is grieving. I would’ve never thought at this time in my life that I would lose the only man that I truly loved, the only man that got me through some tough times after getting out of an abusive relationship. He was my everything!

8. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your boyfriend. You’re right this is the worst pain and there’s nothing that prepares you for this pain and loss. I lost my husband very suddenly also, a massive heart attack took him from our wonderful life in 2 hours. Never thought he wouldn’t be coming back home. I know the feeling of not getting to say goodbye, giving that last hug, holding his hand, and that weighs heavy on us. Your loss is so very resent, be good to yourself, I hope you have family and friends offering support. Talk about him and visit this site often. It does help.
    Sending you hugs. Robin

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. You’re right, that people do t understand, but unless they’ve lost someone very close they can’t understand. People have said cruel things to me, I don’t think they even realize how hurtful their words are.
    One hour, one moment at a time is the best way to get through each day. Try to get fresh air, it does help. And make lists of things to do, so they don’t boggle your mind. Put easy things on the list so no matter what something gets crossed off. Brush your teeth, feed the dog, drink water so at the end of the day something got crossed off.
    Everyone on here k own and understands your pain, you’re not alone.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  10. Jenni0920

Jenni0920 Member

ThAnk you Robin, I’m sorry for your loss also. My boyfriend had died of a massive heart attack as well, He was only 47. He would’ve been 48 on March 10th. He died last Friday.

11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

He was so young! My husband was 63, he was never sick, we had no clue. We had a perfectly normal day doing chores around the house and running errands. We were together 44 yrs. he’s gone for 2 yrs. I miss him every minute of every day. We ran a business together. So together 24/7. Ron’s birthday is Feb 27.
    My heart aches for you, I know exactly what you’re going through. Well, we all grieve in our own way, but I know the pain you’re feeling. Please accept any help that anyone offers. Even someone coming over and having coffee, it helps a lot. You’re not even at a week yet, I know I can’t even remember the first couple months, my brain was in a fog, wasn’t eating, sleep is still very difficult, but my son made me promise I’d get out of the house every day. I kept that promise and he kept in touch and ask if I got fresh air each day. Even if it was the back yard I got fresh air. To this day, I’m better if I get outside and get my blood flowing. At the moment you might think, this isn’t helping but it does. Visit this site often, red and share. You have friends here.

12. Jenni0920

Jenni0920 Member

Thank you for such kind words. I’m so sorry you had to lose your husband that way. I couldn’t even begin to imagine! You were with him for so many years. I’m blessed that I had my boyfriend for 7 years, but knew him my whole life. He was definitely the love of my life we had some great memories together & planned our whole life out. I feel like a piece of me had died with him. my son’s 17 and he’s been a huge help making sure I’m okay and he cries with me. I try to get out of the house daily to clear my head. It definitely does help. Hugs & prayers to you.

13. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I understand every single thing you write and are feeling. I keep saying I feel like I lost my whole left side. He was left handed and we’d say that it takes both of us to make a whole, we are one. I deal with the guilt that he was ready to retire and I wasn’t, he never got that freedom. We compromised and had a plan to retire on my birthday of last year and begin traveling. I had to close our business and losing the business is a second loss.
    It’s great that you have your son and you’re supporting each other. I have my daughter who lives 15 min away, and she has been my main support and my son who lives in FL. But he stays in touch. I told him one day I don’t feel I have a purpose any more. He answered perfectly that even though his sister and himself were adults they still need me, we’re your purpose, Mom. ❤️ Our children keep us going.
    I do things to honor Ron every day and that has helped me a lot. Your loss is so resent you just take care of you and your son. That’s enough. Take a shower and brush your teeth and you’re exhausted. I know how it is. Keep going outside. I wish all the snow I have would clear so I could be outside more.
    Please take care, you’re in my prayers.

14. Jenni0920

Jenni0920 Member

I’m so happy that your daughter is close by to comfort you. My boyfriend also had lost his business about 6 years ago. He went from having a lot of money, to barely anything. He went into a deep depression & I was coming out of an abusive 13 years of hell relationship with my son’s dad we had each other to lean on. I was completely broken & he built me back up. I always had stuck by his side to help him through tough times & vice versa. Once he lost his medical insurance & due to lack of money he stopped going to the doctor & just stopped taking care of his health all together. I was so worried about him I knew something was wrong. I even tried to set up with Medicaid but before it was approved or not he had died. I feel him around me often & he’s always giving me signs. I hope you’re still able to feel the presence of your husband. btw.. me & my son are lefty’s too lol

15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I know I’m lucky to have her. She stayed with me, pretty much moved in for over 6 months. Forever grateful for that time. She misses her Dad so much, we’re a very tight knit family. When my son moved he was crying as he told me he was going to move, and we miss him so much. He had guilt having not seen his dad much in recent time. I understand how depressing it would be to have had a successful business to losing it. I had no choice but to close our business, it was an auto upholstery business and Ron did all the heavy work. We started making upholstery for therapeutic exercise and medical X-ray machines. I did a lot of the sewing. I suffer with RA and my joints can’t handle the stretch and installation they require. My cousin had passed one month before Ron, and that made me ask him, if something happens to you what do I do with everything in here. He said when we retires he planned to keep certain tools, all the leather and our industrial sewing machines. He said toss everything else. And one month after that conversation that’s what I was doing. It broke my heart to even walk in our shop let alone move the last things he had used and put down.
    I’m so sorry you were in an abusive relationship that’s devastating in itself. And now you’ve lost your angel. You were each other’s guiding light. I’m glad you feel his presence, I hope your son does too. I receive signs and messages all the time, started almost immediately and continue regularly. They’re so comforting. They aren’t what we need we need our loved ones by our side where they belong. But the messages they send feel so good.
    Awe! Got to love lefty’s! I hope you’re able to have services for your boyfriend.

16. Jenni0920

Jenni0920 Member

ThAnk you so much.. it definitely helps talking to people that are going through the same thing. I’m happy that you could feel him around you each day. I hope I feel my boyfriend around me every day until the day I die.

17. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yes it is helpful. We don’t want others knowing this horrible pain but Knowing we’re not alone does help. Feels a little less lonely.
    I hope you feel your boyfriends presence every day too. Ron has helped me find my lost credit card, it was lost for days and one morning I woke up one day and knew it was in my car. It took some searching but i did find it in my car. He gives me messages and visits all the time. I’m so glad he’s giving you signs.

18. Jenni0920

Jenni0920 Member

He sends me a red cardinal & a dove every morning since he passed. That’s how I know he’s around.

19. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Awe! Love it! Perfect! He’s with you. I see cardinals too. He’s letting you know you’re ok and he’s with you! ❤️

20. Jenni0920

Jenni0920 Member

I feel like he is, it’s very comforting. ❤️