*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost My Wonderful Dad

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by delanneden, Aug 6, 2020.

1. delanneden

delanneden New Member

Hey, I'm new to the site. I decided to find some way to heal outside of circle of 'support'. Its been about a month and I think it's starting to feel more real everyday that my favorite person in the world won't be on the other side of that phone call. He was always there to fix something or to ask for advice.
    My dad was pretty well known in my town, being involved in different organizations and a teacher. Even though it's been a month I'm still getting condolences.
    It's just not fair that someone who cared for so many people and his communities is gone but yet there is horrible dads out there and I couldn't keep my perfect one.

2. Singstar16

Singstar16 New Member

I’m SSI sorry you lost your dad so close to you. I was my dad’s only child and although he was not like your well known he was special to me as I’m sure yours was to you. It hurts and Will for a long time. I’m sorry you have to go through this. I just lost my dad And I wish he was here daily so I get that part. Hugs

3. Shells

Shells New Member

Hi,

Same boat as you two. My Dad passed in April after battling colo-rectal cancer. It’s been a little over 4 months & I think the numb is just starting to wear off. My Dad was my best buddy - the one person who always “got” me. What I wouldn’t give to b.s. with him about the world right about now! I finally let myself cry a REAL cry this week after hearing “Have You Ever Seen the Rain” by Creedence Clearwater Revival. My Dad used to pick at his guitar & always played this song. I’ve lost relatives & grandparents, but MAN! Losing my Dad is one kick to the guts I wasn’t ready for ... even though we all knew it was coming. Peace to you both. Maybe this site will help us all. So far I’ve only let my dogs see me ugly cry. I’m sure I have more tucked away & it’s bound to come out sooner or later! Take care.