*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my wife 3/5/21, I feel like I died with her

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Mdandmrsmcphee, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Mdandmrsmcphee

Mdandmrsmcphee New Member

I lost my wife to suicide on 3/5/21 and I literally feel like I died with her. She was my life, love, best friend and my soulmate. We knew on our first date we were meant to be and that was 8 years ago. I literally don’t think I will ever get over this. She was a psychiatrist and I am a nurse, we are both women and we had 4 children together. Our youngest sons behavior is what pushed her over the edge. He tore our family apart and felt no remorse and I lost her and now I just feel lost and empty!

2. Debbie11/30

Debbie11/30 Member

It is so hard my brother took his life 4 months ago. I can say that I don't cry all day everyday anymore, I still break down, and have constant triggers. I attempt to do self care and have tried letting my mind and body do what it needs to heal. I feel like parts of me died with my brother. I am learning I can survive, even when it hurts so much. It is not easy, I just go day by day. The first days and 2 weeks after for me was all kind of like business taking care of everything so my mom did not have to. I started incorporating normal routines back into my life after those two weeks. Just know you are not alone in this emotional Rollercoaster even though we had different kind of relationship losses.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  3. iamliv

iamliv Member

Hello there,

I lost my husband back in March as well. We have two beautiful children together. It is the craziest test ever. Trying to adapt back into life with trying to be strong for my little ones. It is NOT easy. I wanted to write to you because I understand your pain. I am here to help others and im hoping thru this experience others can help me too. It is not a easy ride, but please if you need someone to talk to, to vent or anything like that. Please reach out. Stay strong.

~Olivia

email: allinthistogethergrp@yahoo.com

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  4. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss. I too felt like I had died along with our 28 year old son who committed suicide. In a way, a lot of things in us did die. We are different now from what we were when they were here.
    Missing my son.
    Love,
    Chris

5. Chris M 2000

It surely is the greatest test ever. You will find strength in God and you will find strength in yourself you never knew you had.
    Comfort and peace to you.
    Chris

6. Chris M 2000

How are you, Debbie?