*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost My Soulmate

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Kerryjean, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Kerryjean

Kerryjean New Member

My name is Kerry Jean. I am a 47 year old woman who lost my husband Monday March 18, 2019.
    He passed away on the couch next to me. He was 48.
    He was living with aggressive RA which he refused to take medication for.
    His mobility was limited and his health was not good but I was not expecting him to die.
    He asked me to stay home from work because he didn't want to be alone. He'd been fighting a cold, cough and started antibiotics the night before.
    I asked him how he was doing from my side of the couch. He didn't answer. I got up and his face looked strange. I called 911 and while on the phone with them screaming watched him take a couple breathes and go still. They came and worked on him for 40 minutes and he was gone.
    I can't write anymore right now.
    I am lost. I can barely breathe sometimes.
    There are so many people reaching out to help but I'm alone....

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Kerryjean, I am so sorry for your loss. There is no good way to lose someone we love, but when it happens suddenly there is just no time to prepare. I'm glad to hear you have people checking in, but recognize still that even very kind attempts at support don't always help. Making connections with people who understand can help. I hope you'll find that here~

3. Danswidow

Danswidow New Member

I lost my husband of 20 years on 2/16/19 to cancer, diagnosis was only 18 days earlier. I'm lost

4. Hayley

Hayley New Member

Hi

5. Hayley

Hayley New Member

Hi Kerry I am too 47 my husband aged 51 passed away last November from severe sepsis because the hospital failed to treat him with antibiotics after 7 days of admission. Appalling treatment. He should be here. I am suing the hospital and have a strong case. I worked there for 16 years too. I feel p7st and abandoned. X

6. Danswidow

Danswidow New Member

Kerry, no one can truly help, I found out first hand. I lost my soul mate (28 years we loved each other) Feb 16 this year. I fell in a deep dark depression, actually started to plan my suicide. Suddenly I started to feel some light. God I know was starting to heal me. I have a very long way to go yet but I don't want to die anymore. I have no support system, no family, no friends.

7. Danswidow

Danswidow New Member

I wonder why no one replied to my post. Just the way my life works I guess. :(