*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost My Soulmate Almost A Month Ago.

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by kuku65, Jul 8, 2020.

1. kuku65

kuku65 New Member

From the time that I met my husband, Rich, I was always scared that he would have a massive heart attack & leave me. You see when we met he was 55 & I was 45. At age 36 he had a massive attack & luckily lived through a Double Bypass surgery. 10 years after that (before he met me) he was having horrible angina & was told he only had 6 months to live. He planned for his death & waited. One of his Cardiologists recommended a procedure called EECP which he attended on a daily basis & ended up going for over 700 treatments & it worked!! He felt better, went back to work & eventually met me!! From our first date we were inseparable & we lived together after 8 months & got married after a year & a half.
    We were together for 11 1/2 years altogether before I lost him, but the last 3 were wonderful. We retired & moved to Mexico & spent every single moment together. He was my love & my soulmate & the day he died, he had fallen in our bedroom, he was very pale & he couldn't walk like normal. I wanted to take him to the hospital, but he kept refusing. He did not want to go because he knew at the hospital I would not be able to be with due to COVID-19. He wanted to stay with me, no matter what. That night we went to bed holding hands & later I put my arm over his chest so I could feel him breathe. We both fell to sleep & about an hour later he let out a huge gasp. I ran around the bed & did CPR as I'm an RN & I just couldn't save him. I just miss him so much & feel so alone too, just like all the stories I have read. When I notified all of our friends & family, everyone was so supportive & I could not believe how many told me he loved me with everything in his being. And I knew that, he knew that I loved him just as much. So, at least he knew that & so do I.

2. KAC-LJC

KAC-LJC New Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Our stories have many similarities. My husband & I met when he was 61yrs & I was 53yrs old. We knew the minute we met that this was something special. Dated long distance 1 1/4yrs, moved in together in June & got married in September. We had 8 years married together. He also had a triple bypass shortly after we married. We did everything together. Really enjoyed each others company, thought alike about many things. I was always afraid he would have another heart attack & die. He had a hemorragic stroke May 9th & died within hours. I also am a Nurse. I keep telling my Nurse friends how useless I feel. How he didn't have the normal signs. How I let him down because I didn't See that he was having a Stroke! My world is so empty but still so unsettled. It's only been 2 months.
    I Can't Believe this is happening.

kuku65 likes this.
  3. kuku65

kuku65 New Member

4. kuku65

kuku65 New Member

Hello KAC-LJC,
    Wow!!! It REALLY does sound like we have a lot in common too. My hb & I dated long distance for 8 months, we both were born & raised in NE PA. Later to move to Florida & then on to Mexico.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Some days I am very productive & living life fine & the next I'm so lost without him. Not only did I lose my soulmate 5 weeks ago, but I also lost my bff cat (2 weeks ago) who was with me for 14 years. He was sick & I knew it was coming, but it does not make it any easier. Then, on top of the sundae, I either got Dengue Fever or COVID, with high temp, aches & pains. So I am just feeling so sad for myself at times. I will get through this. I just hope there are no more horrible surprises around the corner.. At least, for awhile!!! Take care & be in touch.
    Maybe since it seems we have so much in common, we can help to support each other.
    Karen

KAC-LJC likes this.
  5. KAC-LJC

KAC-LJC New Member

You are a brave woman. I'm sorry to hear you're so sick. I hope you have a neighbor or friend that can help. I would like to follow you. I'm in NEPA too.

I have a sick spiteful Cat. He's lost almost all his fur now. Looks terrible but can dart around fast.
    I can't catch him. LoL!
    He urinated on my favorite chair so it went out with the trash yesterday. He's got to go!
    You'd laugh watching me try to catch this crazy animal.