*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my Sister in law Suddenly 2 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Tncatcrazie, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Tncatcrazie

Tncatcrazie New Member

I have had a lot of loss in my life over the last 6 years but I keep on Trucking. But this last one threw me for a loop because it was so unexpected. Let me start at the beginning and introduce myself more. I have been happily married for the last 13.5 years to a wonderful man whose family brought me in as if I had always been a part of them. Over the last few years due to illness and most recently a tragic accident at the hands of a drunk driver I have lost... lost all of them. I am an only child and was so happy to find not only the man of my dreams but an "instant" family if you would call it. We were happy did everything together. First my brother in law passed away from pancreatic cancer then a year later my first sister in law due to a blood clot, then my father in law a month later. Momma (my mother in law) went 3 years later and then just two weeks ago my sister in law was hit by a drunk driver and ejected from the car. I took care of all of them till the end including arrangements so my husband didn't have to deal with such sorrow. I know my husband who is also suffering it was his family but "our" family. He is dealing with it on his own as he says but I am struggling. Struggling because everyone is gone, struggling because I am replaying the details in my head, the images won't let up of what just happened and no one to talk to that has had stuff in common. I am hoping through this group to talk to someone. They caught the guy he is charged with Murder and DUI but this criminal phase will keep dragging on as my wounds are kept open. Momma would always be my rock but she left us a year ago. So I put my head in the sand keep on with daily life while inside I am hurting..... Sorry for the long post had to get stuff out I guess.

2. Tnance60

Tnance60 New Member

I am so so sorry for your loss when my father was killed by a drunk driver I came upon the accident and for a year I keep reliving the accident it was like a slow moving movie I had my mother at the time as well as my husband plus was working but I still felt awful and I got counseling for PTSD that is what they said I had and I got disability for 2 yrs to deal with the lost and accident if you need to chat with me send me a message and maybe we can chat online some where to help you deal with this

3. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry for all the losses you have experienced in the past years. That is a lot for one person to go through and I understand how difficult it is to continue with your daily life even though you have so much hurt inside you. All you can do is take one day at a time. This forum is a great way to express your feelings since we all know what grieving is like. Stay strong and wishing you the best.