*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my sister & alone

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Neena, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Neena

Neena New Member

I lost my elder sister 6 months back, but I am still unable to cope with the pain, grief & devastation that I feel... I’ve tried distracting myself by watching tv, gardening, cooking etc but nothing helps... plus all my family & friends have literally abandoned me... I have no one to talk to...I have visited my doctor and she gave me something to relax, but if I take that Med I fall asleep for the entire day ...

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your sister. I know exactly what you are going through. My older sister (and only remaining close family member) passed away 1 1/2 years ago. We were extremely close and lived together and we were able to get through losing both our parents and other relatives since we had each other. She was my best friend. The pain you are feeling never really goes away but time makes it easier to cope. During the first 6 months I also tried to keep myself busy by sewing, cooking and taking walks outside to clear my head. There is no easy answer as to how to get through such tragedy -- everyone copes in their own way. I am stronger now and can look back at the good memories we shared with a smile instead of tears. Your sister will always be in your heart but the pain doesn't completely go away - you somehow learn to live with it. Family and friends may not know how to deal with the grief you are feeling and are unable to communicate with you even though they care.
    I found this site helped me by sharing stories with others who are in the same situation and made me feel less alone in the world. Sending you a big hug and prayers that you find strength and peace.

Chris M 2000, Cyanotype and Neena like this.
  3. Neena

Neena New Member

Thank you dear... I am so sorry for your loss... I can feel the pain in your note. You both lived together, that would make you so utterly close to each other. Sharing everything and caring for each other. I understand your pain because I looked after my mom for 28 years. She lived with me through India, Europe & USA. I lost her in 2011. At that time I knew that my life had ended. I never learned to live without her. My mom was my everything. And now this...

cg123 likes this.
  4. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Hi, Neena. I just saw your note. I am so sorry for the loss of your close loved ones. We have not heard from you since November unless I have missed something. How are you getting along. I know it still has to be very difficult for you. We are here if you feel like talking. Chris