*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my partner only 4 1/2 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Angela Dorn, Jul 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Angela Dorn

Angela Dorn New Member

I lost my partner and soulmate of 7 years only 4 1/2weeks ago. She had a lot of health problems, the last being a near fatal car wreck on Christmas eve 2017. She had a spinal cord injury and while she had congestive heart failure before,had 2 major heart attacks in hospital. After 3 months she came home to being only able to get up with use of a rollator or wheel chair and other things. I was her primary caregiver. I think she was sicker than she told me. I think she knew what was coming. I have a lot of guilt, I am lost, my better half is gone. I cry, don't sleep, don't want to go to work (my boss is not compassionate and thinks me laying in bed isn't what I need - how in the world does she have a clue ?? What I need ?) all kinds of emotions. I know I need to go to a grief therapist but can't even call to do that. I have ordered 2 grief books can't even read them. I hate this and do not want to accept she's even gone.

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the loss of your partner. I hope you find this site helpful.

3. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Angela, I am so sorry for your loss. 4 1/2 weeks is no time at all to know how we're going to live without someone we love. And while people may think they know what's best, I find most grievers in this very early stage don't even know what they need. Grief is instinctual and is a wave that we ride and follow, doing our best not to be swept away by it. Reading grief books may help and seeing a counselor may help, but right now it may actually be too soon for help. Some people need a little time for the fog to lift before they can even begin to see how to best utilize the help that is out there. No matter how hard it is and no matter how poorly you may feel you're doing, the important thing is - you're here. You did this. You reached out for help and that is such a big step that some people are never able to make. We will be here with you on every step of this journey for whatever you may need. I truly wish you all the best in the days ahead...please keep in touch~