Lost my partner\ companion of 20 years

Discussion in 'LGBT Loss' started by Iris, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Iris

Iris New Member

Hi. I'm iris. I am 60 yrs young and I had a sudden loss on May 30, 2019. She used to be my intimate partner but that ended around 9 years ago. Since then we have been living together as friends but we shared a home, pets, a car. We did not state other people. She had many medical problems but what she died of was not related to these issues. She died of sudden cardiac arrest and I was the one who found her when I got home from work. S g e had been expired for at least 3 hours. I need to chat and share my grieving experience. It's hard

2. Aniela

Aniela New Member

Iris, I just found this site and your story was the first I read. It's similar to mine. My best friend died suddenly almost 2 years ago. We had dated for 6 years, which ended, but we remained best friends. Living together and even raising my daughters together. She had medical issues too. Issues that I always though she would fight off and we would "fight the good fight together" as she used to say. We both suffered from depression and would uplift each other when the other had their moments of wanting to give up. She would always say that we were going to tough it out as a team. She was my right hand.
    I want you to know I know how hard it is. But you are not alone ❤️

LindaH likes this.