*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my mom when I just became a mom

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Romy, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Romy

Romy New Member

I lost my mom to cancer on Christmas morning 2020.
    She kept the seriousness of her diagnosis from me, leading me to believe that she had hope. She passed 2 days after her first treatment.
    I'm struggling to cope as a single mother. It's hard to find space to grieve. Everyone who said they'd be there are movi g on with their lives, as they should but today's just one of those when everything hurts and I don't have an out.

2. KatyG

KatyG New Member

I am so sorry to read this... the message jumped out at me as I'm a new mum. My son was born the day after I lost my dad. Dad had cancer but got the all clear then dies very quickly after a new onset of symptoms. I am fortunate to have my husband who is a great dad. He works alot though and I think as dad passed in July 2020 he has lost patience with my tears.
    I stopped bothering him with it a while ago.
    I feel very lonely in grief and totally get what you said about others moving on. If feels like everyones forgotten dad.
    As a working mum I can struggle for anytime to breathe let alone think and it often all comes to a head with me.
    I hope you are OK.
    How old is your little one?