*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my mom last year. Still in denial

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Loop0230, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Loop0230

Loop0230 Member

my mom was my Bestfriend. She went on vacation last year and never came back.

Drew likes this.
  2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. I can certainly relate to what you are dealing with. Exactly 5 mos ago my sister passed away. We were extremely close and was my best friend. I try to take one day at a time...that is all we can do.

3. Loop0230

Loop0230 Member

I’m sorry for your loss. It’s extremely difficult to be without your Bestfriend. I’m still so lost.

4. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

I am sorry you lost your Mom.
    I was close to mine also. Lost her three years ago in Oct. Six months after I lost my husband. In six months I lost the two most important people in my life.

I miss them both.
    Now I am afraid to get close to anyone for fear I loose them also.

5. Loop0230

Loop0230 Member

It’s not the same, but my two biggest fears where losing my ex and my mom. My ex and I split after 10 years and then my mom
    Passed. It just makes you question everything. I can’t be close to anyone either.

6. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

I really hate that I can't be close to anyone now.
    It's lonely this way.

7. Loop0230

Loop0230 Member

It’s extremely lonely. Do you go to any type of therapy?

8. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

Therapy is a great tool. It's just not my thing.

9. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

Do you go to any of type therapy?

I am doing a lot better. I just find myself trying to pull away when I think someone is getting attached to me. I am blessed since the people around me are aware of this. So they give me my space when I need it.

It's a work in progress .

10. Loop0230

Loop0230 Member

My mother and I worked together. We both were realtors and she owned her own office. As much as I wanted to quit real estate I knew she wouldn’t like it. I have three younger sisters none which took my mom’s occupational road. Every day has been a struggle since her death to go to work. Today seems even harder. It’s just a trigger every time I have to go to work. I feel like I’ve been doing so well, but lately it’s a struggle to get out of bed which is not like me. This is why I believe I’m still in denial I keep thinking she’s going to walk in through that door at the office. Or my phones going to ring And I’m gonna get to hear voice again

LindaH likes this.
  11. Loop0230

Loop0230 Member

Linda, I think that we’ve been hurt so deeply that it’s just easier to keep a wall up and not let anybody in. I totally understand it. Do you ever feel like you may be a burden on people? Like Nobody understands Grief unless they’ve been through it and especially when you lose something so close

12. Drew

Drew New Member

My dad was my best friend He went in the hospital in November for swelling in his legs.He had on and off heart problems.I thought it was only for a short time.He was doing better the end of november.i did not want him to go for rehab in the hospital and i pleaded with him to come home but he would not listen.The next week because his blood pressure was low they put him him on some drug called dobutamine to raise it.A couple of days later he got a fever and then all of a sudden he could not walk.Then by Saturday he passed away.That was December 8th and it still feels like last week.

13. Loop0230

Loop0230 Member

Drew,
    It’s such a crazy thing how it just happens all of a sudden. I am still in denial. It’s so hard to believe. Never being able to
    Just pick up the phone and call

14. Drew

Drew New Member

Do you have a hard time sleeping.

15. Loop0230

Loop0230 Member

Of course I do! Do you?

16. Drew

Drew New Member

Yes it is hard to get to sleep.

17. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I agree that it is very difficult to get to sleep and then to stay asleep. So much going on in my mind. When that happens I get up and do something such as reading, tv, etc.

LindaH likes this.
  18. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

Exactly. I know people do not understand. My husband's best friend seem to avoid me for a long time. Then his wife passed away and he finally gets how I feel. He apologized for the way he had behaved . Sad that someone has to experience it before they understand how we feel.