*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my Mom & broke up with my Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by River Daughter, Aug 25, 2020.

1. My mother died on July 16th from cancer I was one of her primary caregivers for 4 months. I am devastated, she was my best friend as well as my mom. I still cry about it a little bit every day. This is the most intense grief I have ever suffered. I’m suffering all kinds of insomnia these days.

My relationship was on the rocks with my boyfriend before I moved in with my mom to care for her. And tonight we actually broke up when all I wanted to do was talk about the issues in our relationship to see how to work it out. I know this is the worst possible time to make this decision but it just happened kind of mutually which is very sad because we love each other even if we didn’t see our way forward.

This double loss has me feeling depressed, numb and so painfully alone. How do you keep going? What reason makes anything seem worth doing?

I am a shy person with chronic health issues, I don’t have enough social support to carry the weight of these losses on top of each other. I had no idea I would ever feel this alone.