*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my Mom 6 years ago, my Dad last week

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by Trillian, Jul 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Trillian

Trillian New Member

My mom’s death was expected after a long illness, but it came on suddenly. She was discharged from the hospital a week before, so we all thought she had more time.

My dad was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer last September. Chemo worked well for a while, but stopped working sometime last month. He was admitted to the hospital last Thursday, and passed away on Sunday. He was in pain his last few days and confused and scared. I can’t stop thinking about it.

My heart is broken, and I’m having a hard time seeing past this. I can’t imagine ever feeling okay again.

2. I lost my Dad to cancer last week. It came back after two years and doctors said there was not much they could do. We still had faith that we could get him to India and help him but he died suddenly. I thought we had more time together, it hurts so much. I lost my mum when i was 7. Now i am an orphan with no parents and it hurts.