*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my mom 3 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Holleegirl, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Holleegirl

Holleegirl New Member

I've never felt such misery. She passed after battling a few illnesses but we didn't know or think her death was imminent. Mid April we are planting flowers and mid July she's gone. I can't wrap my head around it. I'm not feeling better and had my first "it's time you start getting over it" fight with family last night. I couldn't believe it. 3 weeks to grieve my mother? Are you serious? I was her 24/7 caretaker... she was my best friend. We did every thing together. Me and Mom, all the time. I lived with her for many years before she got sick. I'm the only daughter of 4 kids. She was my everything. I struggle to get out of bed most days and now the lectures start about how I'm handling my grief. I just can't. So now I feel even worse. People can be so selfish and never stop to think about someone else's relationship with a person. I am just miserable with her. There is just a huge gaping hole :(

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear bout your mother. My mother died suddenly in May. She was there at night and gone the following morning.

Your family may genuinely care about you and not want to see you in pain. It may make them uncomfortable to see you grieving. Who knows?

All I know is that everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time. I do agree with you though - 3 weeks is hardly enough time to "get over it".

You will never stop grieving. Granted, some people do need help because it affects their work, school, health, etc.

I hope you find this site helpful.

3. Holleegirl

Holleegirl New Member

Sorry to hear about your mom. No pain like losing your mom.

I would never in my life say that to someone for any reason. It could be 30 years and I'd be upset if someone told me that. It's my Mom! I'm going to start handing out books to people on how to handle grieving. I started seeing a Grief Counselor because I already know I am going to need help with this. I was far too close to my mom.

It always helps to be able to talk to people who understand. So I am sure this site will be very helpful. Thanks for the response :)