*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my husband

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by TinaB, Apr 7, 2020.

1. TinaB

TinaB New Member

Lost my husband August 26 2019. Got married just 10 months earlier.

2. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

Hello Tina. So sorry to hear of your loss. My husband died in October/19. I find reading and interacting with others on this site has really helped.

3. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

TinaB,

To lose the one who we share our life with is so painful. I am very sorry for your loss.

Being bonded with someone, we plan so much together. We share all our desires, our secrets, and so many personal things because we love them.

As our union with another grows in time, so does our love for one another. I was married for 42 years, over half my life, almost half a century. We had two wonderful children together, and had so many memorable times together.

Even though your time with your husband was not as long as you would hope, I am sure you had many moments in times you will never forget. I was a camera buff, and took so many pictures and so I now fall back on them just to remember those moments we shared in love with each other.

Both of us came from a big family. Nadine was a country girl through and through, I was a city boy. Before my wife passed from cancer, while we were married, she lost while we were together, two brothers, a sister, her parents, and a grandmother who sheltered her while she attended Gould Academy in Bethel, Maine. Her mother was a state teacher who taught in so many one room school houses.

Nadine brought many great memories to each of us, and I am sure you have so many as well. Please take the time to come to terms with your loss. If you can talk with family, friends and even complete strangers, share how you feel, how it has affected you. Each of us will listen.

It will take time to get beyond this loss. I will say I will never forget my wife and the love we shared together in life. Peace be with tonight and the days forward.

-david

This song is for you and the tough days you will face ahead of you