*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my husband, my soul person

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Chantal Adams, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Chantal Adams

Chantal Adams New Member

We met when I was in matric, my final year of high school. I had no idea what I was doing. I never expected to end up dating him for a decade, then getting engaged, married. We did all the right things you know we tried to do things right. I was raised by a single mom and his father was also just absent. Well we thought we would get married, be financially stable to buy a house and then have a baby and we did it all right. He lost his job I was seven months pregnant, his car got stolen and we were sharing a vehicle. I picked him up at work one day he just started this new job he worked there for a month before it happened. I waited in the car for him while he cleaning up and then one of his colleagues come running to me to say there was an accident. He sustained burns to 75% of his body. For anyone who knows about skin the chances of survival are low. He survived for two months I gave birth and watched him die within a month of each other. Its been nearly three years but the life I live now feels like a shadow of the life I used to live. Just cannot find true fulfilment, contentment, happiness. Wonder if the void ever really truly is ever healed.

LindaH likes this.
  2. Mike Anderson

Mike Anderson Active Member

I ask myself the same thing will i truly ever be healed? I lost my wife of 14 years on 12/24/18 suddenly we are both in our 40's. I thought we would grow old together ,and retire and travel. I have no idea what happiness without her is? I just at time feel at peace but it changes quickly. I am so sorry for the loss I can only say reaching out has helped me a little bit. I am reading 2 different books i see a therapist and most important prayer !!I. I wish you nothing but the best hang in there your child needs you!

3. Chantal Adams

Chantal Adams New Member

Hi there yes I am stronger and pulled myself through because of my daughter if it was not for her I don't know what would have happened to me. Sorry for your loss too it never ever goes away really. You just learn to live with it the happiness and forever sadness and bitter sweetness. Happiness is just something I also struggle with and contentment I just don't think I really even know what that is.I also started seeing a psychologist but after two years feel I need to take a break from that I am as okay as okay can be. Prayer is life. Be strong

Mike Anderson likes this.
  4. Joanna!

Joanna! Member

I lost my husband and unfortunately we were not able to have children. Sometimes I feel like I have nothing left to live for. I don't know how to be without him. I just miss him so much.

5. Chantal Adams

Chantal Adams New Member

That was my worst experience to try and live a life without your other half by your side. Stepping out of the house created such anxiety I would have panic attacks and just cry. You feel like you cannot participate in day to day conversations because all you can think about is how you feel like you drowning. Most days I could not even find words. I became socially isolated. People avoided me as if I had a death curse like if they came too close people they love would also die. Life becomes a series of day that you just try to pull yourself through and thats all you can do in the early days following the loss just pull yourself through; allow yourself to feel what you feel; be sad if you need to; cry if you need to; scream if you need to; hit something hard as hell if you need to. Just hold on each day and soon the days will become months and years and somehow small parts of you find ways to heal in strange ways.