*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost My Dad Unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Sandy22, May 15, 2019.

1. Sandy22

Sandy22 Member

I lost my dad 2 months ago. It was very sudden and unexpected. He died from a heart attack. He was 78. I lived far away from him so we used to regularly Skype. I had Skyped with him 2 days before his death. I never thought that will be our last conversation. Sudden death is very painful. I wish I was prepared. I wish I had told him how much I loved him. I never thought I'll lose him so soon. I regret taking him for granted. I hope he knows how much I miss him. I can't stop thinking about his death.

2. Renisea Avery

Renisea Avery Member

I want to give my condolence to the family. I am so sorry for the lost of your love one.
    May the peace of God that excels all thought I sustain and keep you during the difficult days head. – Philippians 4:7

Sandy22 likes this.
  3. br0ken_heart

br0ken_heart New Member

Thank you for your post, Sandy. I lost my dad 7 days ago. He also died from a heart attack. He was only 72. I talked to him on the phone exactly 1 month before he died, and it was a pleasant. But I usually don't tell him I love him, and I am so full of regret now. I've cried every day since he died. This is the worst pain I've ever felt.

4. Sandy22

Sandy22 Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel and how painful it is. I'm still crying everyday. Hopefully they know how much we loved them.