*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my dad one week ago

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Anahita.p, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Anahita.p

Anahita.p New Member

Hello there,I lost my dad one week ago.Im an only child and he was my every thing, He was my true friend my sister my brother my teacher.I feel numb i feel empty how can i live without him? I feel alone im scared world sounds scary because my dad is not behind me,any time i had a problem I used to talk with him and he was there always to help me and showed me best solutions what should i do without him? I dont like my mom for some reason.so its like there is no one next to me

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. There are certain people in our lives who are our "go-to" people and when we lose that it's significant and it can often feel like we've lost 10 people instead of "just" one. You are still in the early days of this, so I best I can tell you is to give yourself time to grieve this great loss. Don't try to push it aside, or move through it too quickly. As painful as grief can be, it's important that we be patient with ourselves and the process. You have no idea what a life looks like without your Dad in it. And of course it's never something you wanted to know. Now it's about re-learning this whole new life and adapting to this very big change. I find following the loss of a parent what gets most people through is the love itself. The lessons your Dad taught you and the life he'd want you to have. Use those as your guideposts and you may find life will lead you just where you need to be. I'm glad you have found us, and I wish you healing and hope in the days ahead~