*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost Mom Suddenly in My 20s

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by AllisonD94, May 14, 2021.

1. AllisonD94

AllisonD94 Member

Hi,
    My mom passed on March 22nd 2021. She died suddenly in her sleep, I was there when she passed. She needed physical therapy because she had sores on her legs, I don't remember the medical term. I am filled with so much grief and guilt that I just didn't help her enough. Her doctor, PA, everyone wouldn't help us. I contacted senior citizen agencies, local health departments, everyone I can think of, and no one would help her. No matter what kind of insurance she had.
    I miss her so much, she was the one who loved me most in the world. It's so hard to live without her. It's hard to think that she won't be there when I get married or have children. I'm only 26. I didn't expect to lose her so soon. If someone had just helped her walk again, so she could lose weight, her heart wouldn't have gave out so soon. I'm just filled with so much grief, it's heavy, and it's starting to affect the very few friends I have.
    I tried to get therapy, to help me sort through all this, but I only have medicaid. No one in my area will accept it. I don't know what to do anymore. Her memorial is on the 30th, and I dread it. I don't want to say goodbye to her, and remember that she's gone. This was all so unexpected. I don't know what to do anymore. My life was taking care of her 24/7, and now she's gone. She was only 64.

2. KristaGrym

KristaGrym New Member

Why no one helped her?omg that's terrible!!!So sorry,you should sue all those people to refuse to help her, do you have more family?Sending hugs

3. AllisonD94

AllisonD94 Member

The only family I have left is my dad, and sister but I don't get along with my sister. It's a very long story. I don't know why no one would help her. They said she had to go in the hospital so she could walk again, but she didn't want to risk getting COVID-19 and die from it.