*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost in guilt

Discussion in 'Loss from Substance Abuse' started by Foreverhis, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

2. Allison.12

Allison.12 Member

3. Allison.12

Allison.12 Member

That's my little Ava :)

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  4. Chris M 2000

Oh girl! that is the most adorable baby ever!!
    Thank you for sharing her picture.
    How are you getting along today?
    Chris

5. Allison.12

Allison.12 Member

She is growing fast and a little stressed.. the dealership has had my car since December to fix it under a recall and they made me give back the rental 2 days ago so I am carless now.. I have to work out over 500 for a rental tomorrow bc me and Ava are going to visit Scott's mom in Iowa :) what about u?

6. Chris M 2000

I am sorry I have been so long in responding. My internet service has been out all week and I just now got it back on.
    Have you started for your visit to Scott's mom?
    I was originally from Indiana and my dad grew up in Iowa.
    Please let me know if you were able to get your car back, how Ava and you are, and how everything is going.
    Love,
    Chris

7. Allison.12

Allison.12 Member

Well good u got it back going!!! :) Technology these days seems to rule everything huh I have not got my car figured out but at least found the people to call so hopefully this gets resolved soon. I had to return the rental after I got back but I'll figure something out.. we had a great time visiting with his family and I got to spread his ashes in 2 more states so I feel accomplished :) how are u doing ?

8. Chris M 2000

I am so glad your visit went well and I pray you get your car really soon.
    I am doing fine. We live in the mountains of NC and were hit by tropical storm Fred and some of this last one, but nothing like those down south. I can't imagine losing everything, being in awful heat, and no electricity. It must be terrible.
    Tomorrow will be a better day. I wish you sunshine in your heart and may all your needs be met.
    My love to you and Ava,
    Chris

9. Allison.12

Allison.12 Member

Oh my, I am happy to hear you are ok with that storm! They've been pretty crazy lately indeed I just got back from dinner with my sister and we got into an argument :/ my family takes it personal that I had such a ateing emotional bond with Scott instead of appreciating it.. my sister mentioned that things are different bc he could have 'helped' from dying and I lost it. I feel like my family doesnt understand anything when it comes to this

10. Chris M 2000

That must be so diffficult knowing your family doesn't understand. You are grieving someone you loved and they are coming at it from a different direction and making it all the more difficult for you. They don't realize your love for Scott did not die when you lost him. We don't just quit loving someone because they are no longer in our prescence. I hope your family begins to realize more about your feelings and how hurtful it is for them to criticize any of your situation or him.
    Were you able to get your car back?