*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

LOST HUSBAND SUDDENLY 6 MONTHS AGO

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by beckym, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Becklin4

Becklin4 New Member

Hello All. I just joined this site today. My husband died Nov 2020 from lung cancer. He was diagnosed March 26, 2020, he was 53 years old and I was his caregiver at home. We have 4 sons age 18-24 who all still live at home. It's been 3 months now and it still doesn't feel real. Time is a blur, and the days are clustered together and seem to just be on a constant loop of doing the same thing day after day. A friend from church suggested I try this site to find other widows to connect with. Next week would've been our 25th Anniversary. Everyone keeps saying how strong I am, but I don't want to be strong and I don't want to persevere. I just want my husband/best friend/soul mate back. :(

2. Cora1961

Cora1961 Well-Known Member

Hi, I know exactly how u feel. I also lost my soulmate/friend/love of my life on October 7,2019. I wish I could say it gets better but I can’t right now. I miss him everyday and want him to come home every day too but I know it’s not possible. It hard when your head knows one thing but your heart wants another. I try to stay as busy as I can being retired but some days it’s just harder then others. It’s good to talk to someone that is or has been in the same situation and there are a lot of good people to talk to on this site. So try talking and let your feelings out if u can’t to others at home. I can’t so this site has been my therapy. Thank god for good people on the site. Don’t put any pressure on yourself and don’t let others do it to u. Just take one day at a time and try to breathe. I am still trying and that’s what my husband would of wanted.

Becklin4 likes this.