*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost both parents within a month

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by Areyes1101, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Areyes1101

Areyes1101 New Member

My Dad passed away in January due to covid, 3 weeks later my mom passed away from covid. I m having a hard time. Not a day goes by that I don’t wake up crying. Panic attacks everyday. I’m 34 and I have always lived at home. I was extremely close to my parents. Especially my mom. I just need someone to talk to that’ll understand what I’m going through.

2. Whichway

Whichway New Member

I lost my mom to Covid last December and my stepdad 3 weeks later. They lived in my childhood home which was sold in May. My stepsister was the executor and made my life miserable because I was having a hard time with all the losses and asked to wait on selling the house until people could be vaccinated and visit in person. She was so angry at me for disrupting her plan to sell immediately that she made everything about closing up the house as hard as possible (to the extent of putting interior security cameras in the house and wanting them on when I came).
    I feel like I have lost my whole identity and no one cares or understands.
    I’m very sorry for your losses.

3. Noel Rodriguez

Noel Rodriguez New Member

You have my prayers and support. Sadly, we share the loss of both parents in common however, I could not imagine losing them both today and under the same circumstances, you've described. I am truly sorry for your loss and pray that God helps you find peace, strength, and wisdom through this ordeal. God bless you and much love.