*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Losses of Many

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by Liz4455, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Liz4455

Liz4455 New Member

Hi everyone,

I just joined and I too have multiple losses and it's eating me up alive. My closest friends have passed away, I really miss my past pets that was devastating to me as well, my health is very challenged and complicated, so I often say to people I've lost myself- the person I used to be. My parents, and it goes on. I can't be that person I was anymore, but I do the best I can. I live a pretty isolated life, but I do care for my current pets and my husband who has some dementia, so now I am losing him. In the old days, I was never dependent on anyone, but now I have to ask for help with a lot of things. I remember saying to someone a while back if the illnesses don't kill me the loneliness will. Losing your health, all the rules change on what you can and cannot do as well as a lot of other things. I just miss talking about the lighter things too that friends talk about. The things we have in common, pets, tv shows, movies, etc. Social isolation is horrible. You don't really get over the losses, you learn to live with them so they say. But I am crying on the inside and so sad. I hope to make some connections here as all our losses are important and need support.