*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of nephew

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Aunty Nay, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Aunty Nay

Aunty Nay New Member

my sister lost her son suddenly in a drowning accident and as a sister I can’t seem to find any information on how other deals with the sadness I feel in seeing her pain. I’ve told her I’m always there for her no matter what but when I see her at times in so much pain it tears me apart too and I feel helpless. After his passing it took me a while to start looking after myself again and with that I have felt extremely guilty - which I understand is “Suvivors guilt”. So just looking for some other who feel as I do. Thank you.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew. It is so hard to care for a loved one who has had a significant loss, especially when it is one that is effecting us in so many ways too. I have written an article for a blog that pertains to your challenges, I believe, and I'm including that here: https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/supportive-youre-grieving/
    Make space for your grief, recognize that we are ALL helpless in the face of great loss, and that the best thing we can do is be present for one another. Sometimes that's all there is.
    I wish much hope and healing to you and your entire family. Thanks for being here~

3. Aunty Nay

Aunty Nay New Member

Thank you for your kind words.

griefic likes this.