*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my younger brother and father

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by Missydney, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Missydney

Missydney New Member

My brother passed away on new years eve 2017 he was 46 yrs old and had esophageal cancer. 9 months prior to his death we lost our father to a stroke.

This christmas and new years will be the first year without my brother. i am so very very lost all the time, it seems when he died 1/2 of me died with him and i just can't see any light ahead of me. my head is so flooded all the time i don't even know how to start this i have never done this before.

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your brother. This will be the first Christmas without my mother. I hope reaching out to people here will help.

3. Rozell

Rozell New Member

So sorry for both your losses. My dad passed in November of 2017, cancer. My youngest brother, 52, died early December 2018 from cancer and alcohol poisoning. While neither were totally unexpected, I thought we would have more time. Dad had about 2 months from his diagnosis until his passing. My brother had been through treatment many times for alcohol, and was being treated for cancer for about 2 years. The pain comes in waves, I hope you both are healing, peace.