*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my Significant Other

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Reani, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Reani

Reani New Member

I was with my fiancé for 5 years, on 8/11/17 at 6:15am I received the call that broke my heart and shattered my future. The call came from his mother saying that, “our boy is dead”. I was confused as to who she was talking about as I was driving to work. She said those same words again and was cry. I said, “ Who?! You have to say who mama.” Then she said his name. I cut off several cars to get off the freeway on exit 74, the exit that has been and will always be so hard to pass. I sat in my car barely able to breath. He passed away while at “man camp” driving an ATV that crashed into a tree. This Saturday is the year mark and I still feel like I’m just coasting. Back to work using that as a distraction, as I’m starting from scratch again I work 7 days a week. I feel like I’m a zombie, day in and day out. Just existing. For I still don’t know why. He is an amazing, incredible man. Loved by MANY. Shouldn’t have been him.

2. 1Mommabear

1Mommabear New Member

I am sorry for your sudden loss. I think I can relate to just existing and going threw the motions. I lost my husband on September 5,2017 so as the year mark comes and I think I think about him more and cry more. My husband was 39 years old and passed from cancer. We had been together 14years and would of been married 12 years. I try to stay positive but I keep going back to the thought in my head that this will never get easier even though people tell me it will with time.