*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my mom

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Janice Taylor, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Janice Taylor

Janice Taylor Member

My mom passed away sept 3 2017 she was in intensive care for 3 weeks was moved to a surgical floor then unexpectedly took a turn in the middle of the night. We thought she was improving.. Myself and my family are beyond devastated im just trying to take one day at a time.but this is so difficult

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi Janice, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I don't think there's any good way to lose someone we love, but it does seem to be especially hard when it happens in an unexpected way. It's wonderful to have family support, of course it can be so hard when you are all grieving (and probably in such different ways). There is good support to be found here with people who have had a loss similar to your own, and I would hope that some of our blogs could be a help too. Some of those include

1. "Coping with the Loss of a Parent" http://www.griefincommon.com/blog/loss-of-a-parent/
    2. "Sibling Dynamics Following the Loss of a Parent"
    http://www.griefincommon.com/blog/sibling-dynamics-following-the-loss-of-
    a-parent/
    and
    3. "How to be Supportive When You're Grieving Too"
    http://www.griefincommon.com/blog/supportive-youre-grieving/

I thank you for being here and for sharing this experience with us. I hope you can find the support and comfort you need. All my best ~

3. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

I just lost my sister On August 5 in a scooter accident I know the pain you are going through

4. Janice Taylor

Janice Taylor Member

The pain is awful

5. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

It truly hurts I am so sorry for your loss as well

6. Janice Taylor

Janice Taylor Member

Yes it does such a huge void in my life

7. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

This is very difficult I cannot imagine this pain on anyone sister was my best friend her and her boyfriend were killed hit by a truck she was drugged 200 feet under the truck and died at the hospital when I got the call my world fell apart and ever since this pain is so unbearing it hurts so much

8. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

I had to tell my brother and sister and the most difficult thing I had to tell my mother

9. Janice Taylor

Janice Taylor Member

I totally understand

10. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

I truly know how you feel and what you are experiencing these are difficult emotions I cannot explain I just wish she was here I am seeking counseling and medicine I don't sleep well and the crying never stops the pain has been very tough and I have children and little support It has definantly been a void

11. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

The same night I went into labor with my little girl and had her the next day I named her after my sister it has been very difficult and some days I don't know how I am getting through

12. Janice Taylor

Janice Taylor Member

Yes .. I am going for counselling as well not only was my mom my mom she was also my best friend she was getting better then took a turn we dont know what happened but she had been through so much in 3 weeks she went into the hospital august 7th by ambulance then had emergency surgery that night she had a lymph.node rupture in her abdomen and she was internally bleeding and they had to do a bowel resection shes had chrons disease for 23 years plus cll which is chronic lymphocytic leukemia then a tracheotomy august 16th because when they first took her offthe ventilator she was having issues breathing its been absolutely horrible

13. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

I am taking one day at a time and this is truly difficult i know your pain and I pray that God helps us through it

14. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

I had my little girl on August 7th after 36 hours of labor and following my sister's death

15. Janice Taylor

Janice Taylor Member

Yes its horrible

16. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

I am so sorry your mother had to go through that my sister suffered internal and outside injuries and head trauma from being dragged under the truck it just hurts knowing the guy that hit her And her boyfriend was drinking and she did not and still has not got justice our family has not been the same since either I can only imagine the kids of your mother must be just as difficult and hard

17. Janice Taylor

Janice Taylor Member

There are no words to describe the pain and im having so many flashbacks off that night in the ER. with my mom eveything that happened . she collapsed at home

18. Cassandra

Cassandra Active Member

It is truly horrible and I know there are no words that can make it better but it's comfort in someone else going through the same I am here to listen even in my own pain and suffering

19. Janice Taylor

Janice Taylor Member

She was making dinner for my dad said she had a bad pain in her stomach and collapsed

20. Janice Taylor

Janice Taylor Member

Thank you i appreciate it