*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my life partner/ love of my life

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Anna Meyer’s, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Anna Meyer’s

Anna Meyer’s New Member

On January 20, 2019 my partner was struck and killed while standing next to our car by a drunk driver. We were excited to be going up for the day to see the snow. It was a wonderful trip up north and the day seemed perfect. We were playing in the snow, building snowmen and snapping selfies when my love noticed he had forgotten his phone in the car.. he kissed me and told me he loved me, then said I’ll be right back.. less than 2 minutes later there was some commotion going on down the hill near my car.. I noticed a pick up truck several feet in front of my car but no obvious accident. When I got down the hill I was looking for my partner George. But couldn’t find him . I then saw they were working on someone in the road. Never once thought that person was my George. My foster son said mom “it’s George “ I was in disbelief until I noticed his belt. Then I knew it was true. It was my George. My life was shattered.

2. Leeinphilly

Leeinphilly New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, Anna. I cannot imagine what that must have been like. I just wanted to reach out and tell you that you are not alone. That there are people who care. Many are probably at a loss for words. As someone once told me, when I asked "will it ever get better", it doesn't get better, but it does get easier. Please hold onto that. I think George would have wanted that for you.

3. Anna Meyer’s

Anna Meyer’s New Member

Thank you... today we picked up George’s ashes.. we went to the site of the accident and placed a cross. Then spread his ashes at a place he loved... my heart is broken

Leeinphilly likes this.