*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my fur baby Joe

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Feeling very hopeless, May 23, 2021.

1. Not sure if I'm in the right place or not.
    But on Mothers Day my Joe was shot and killed by the monster next door. He made it back to me and died in my arms.
    I have a hard time falling asleep. The visions of that appear out of nowhere. When I'm at work they do the same thing. I don't want to eat. But have too because of my medication.
    I am very lost.

LivingWithGrace and Chris M 2000 like this.
  2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to learn of your tragic losses. Both have come about in very shocking ways. I am not surprised you are having trouble processing them because I am sure neither of them makes any sense whatsoever to you. We can understand your troubled heart and, yes, you are at the right place to share with us the loss of your beloved dog. Just because it is an animal does not mean you did not for a very strong attachment with him. Unfortunately grieving is a normal reaction to losing something precious to you-especially in the manner in which you lost him. I hope you have freinds or someone with whom you can talk this over. You need support and we will give you all we can. Take care. Chris

LivingWithGrace likes this.
  3. Chris M 2000

I, too, found that the loss of our dog stirred up feelings for the loss of our son which occured many years ago in 2000. I can relate.

4. Chris M 2000

Thinking of you and wondering how you are doing?

5. Chris M 2000

Thinking of you. How are you getting along?