*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of Mother as a young child

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Flyjinx, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Flyjinx

Flyjinx New Member

Hello,
    I’m new to this site and am looking for long-term grief support. I started counseling again after many years of struggling with life in general. My relationships have suffered from my feelings of simply not knowing who I am and where I came from. My Mother died suddenly in 1979 when I was 2 years old. My brother was 6. Our Father never really connected with us because I feel he was so sad about her death. He never really allowed himself to grieve, nor did he show my brother and me what grieving was and that it was ok to feel sad. He did not take us to her funeral, and I never really knew why. I am beginning the slow process of grieving now. This was triggered in-part due to the loss of my uncle awhile back and my reaction to his death. It felt as if I was grieving his loss, as well as feeling the grief of my mothers loss after all these years. I have since tried to be honest about my feelings of not knowing who I am. This has caused some issues in my marriage and my wife and I aren’t doing too well right now. Despite that, I am committed to continuing my counseling and seeking the right path to become the best human I can be. Thanks for reading.