*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of both parents

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Coachduncan05, May 17, 2020.

1. Coachduncan05

Coachduncan05 New Member

When I was 8, I lost my dad. He was only 38 years old. I was young, but he was my best friend as I stayed home with him while he was sick and my mom worked. His death was slow, sad, and painful to watch.

Now, my mom just passed last month. She suddenly fell in her home, hit her head, and passed away from a brain bleed. She was only 64.

Here I am at 33 years old, with both my parents gone. I’m just sad, angry, and absolutely miserable. It seems so unfair.

2. Leopold

Leopold New Member

Hi, I'm sorry for your loss especially losing your Mom so recently.
    My mother passed away February 5 after a long decline, my father died April 16 suddenly from a brain bleed. Now, in just 3 months I am without both parents and I miss them terribly. They were a huge part of my life here in Atlanta.
    wishing you well going forward

3. TJones

TJones Active Member

Hi,

I am sorry for your losses. I lost my father in March. Thankfully, I still have my mom. You are so young to have lost both parents and I understand your sadness, anger and misery. I wish I had some magic words to say to make all your pain go away but unfortunately there are none. I can tell you that as time goes on you will develop a new normal and you will adjust but you will continue to miss them. I wish you the very best!

TJ

4. Coachduncan05

Coachduncan05 New Member

I cannot imagine losing both parents in such a short time. It’s crazy that we both lost our parents to brain injuries in April. It’s a small world. Thanks so much for your reply. I live in Gainesville not far from Atlanta.

5. Leopold

Leopold New Member

Were you close to your parents? Living in the same town?
    Part of the reason I moved back to Atlanta was be near them. I had been living in Europe. The rest of my family lives in the United States as well and I wanted to be close to them.

6. Coachduncan05

Coachduncan05 New Member

I was super close to both of them. I loved with my dad when he passed. Then I became my moms caretaker due to her having some mental issues since she was young. I definitely stayed close to them. Now I have moved away. It was just hard being there since they are both gone.