*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of both parents within 3 months

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by DorryZ, Aug 8, 2020.

1. DorryZ

DorryZ New Member

I am 50 years old. I was a caregiver for my Mom who had Parkinson’s. She was amazing and we were extremely close. She fell and broke her hip, I had no idea when she went in for hip surgery that she would never be the same. She was a very strong woman, served in the Army, she was a fighter but she could not recover from her fall. My grief is not only that I miss her so much, but she wanted to die at home. Hospice was not present the night that she died and my sister and I were by her side when she took her last breath, hospice arrived later that evening. The images of that night never leave my mind. It is hard to function at times because the grief is so strong. My sister went back home after mom died to be near my father (parents were divorced) and she was there when he took his last breath. We are both effected strongly and hoping to talk with people who were there at the end and how they cope with the images of losing a parent. Such a helpless feeling to watch someone you love so much slip away.