*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss my father

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Tameko, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Tameko

Tameko New Member

I lost my father in May of this year... he was diagnosed with prostrate cancer years ago and then went in remission... until last year I did not know it had returned... he never shared with me that it had spread to his bones until the later part of January. I didn’t know it had spread to his bones and that it was in stage 3 until April when we went to the doctor and the doctor wanted to put him on hospice... when he told me I couldn’t believe it so I ignored it and told myself it wasn’t true. Mid April he was hospitalized because the cancer had spread to his organs and his kidneys were failing and his cancer was stage 4... I fell to my knees and cried because I was a daddy’s girl and he was my Bestfriend... I couldn’t believe it. My father was in so much pain he cried... when my father died in May 10 days after my birthday I was holding his hand and heard him take his last breath... that image is forever burned in my brain... I thought I was okay but a month after I fell into severe depression and I’m still fighting anxiety and depression.

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about your father. I lost my mother in May as well. My mother died suddenly and I found her lying face down on the floor. That image was stuck in my head for quite a while. Although it still pops up, it is not as frequent now. I felt horrible that I did not hear anything (and maybe could have done something). I never got a chance to say goodbye. I hope you find this site helpful - even if only to vent.